Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
CENSUS 2000 Summary FILE 4 DATA FOR PUERTO RICO
OFCCP has created a separate compilation of summary data tables for Puerto Rico from the Census 2000 Summary File 4 data because the access to the geographic format is slightly different for Puerto Rico than the State, County, and Place data tables presented on the Census Bureau's web site for the United States. The tables contain 472 occupational groups, subgroups, and occupation information.
Table 1 shows "Total" employment data for Puerto Rico for Hispanic or Latino and Non-Hispanic or Latino by gender, occupational groups, subgroups, and occupations.
Table 2 shows "Total Hispanic or Latino" employment data for Puerto Rico by gender, occupational groups, subgroups, and occupations.
Additional geographic and small area data (e.g., for county and subbarrio) may be developed using the following steps from the Census Bureau's website.
STEPS TO ACCESS CENSUS 2000 Summary FILE 4 DATA FOR PUERTO RICO
- Go to Census Bureau's Homepage (http://www.census.gov).
- Click on "Summary File 4 (SF 4)" (top center section of the web page that appears).
- Click on "Access to all tables and maps in American FactFinder" (first link on the web page).
- Click on "Data Sets" under the menu option on the left side of the web page.
- Scroll down web page and select "Census 2000 Summary File 4 (SF 4) -Sample Data."
- Click on "Detailed tables" under "Select from the following options" on the right side of the same page.
- Next, go to "Select a geographic type" (second bullet on web page) and click on the down arrow and select "State". Next, scroll down and select "Puerto Rico."
- Move screen down and click the "Add" button.
- Click on "Next."
- Under "Select one or more tables and click 'Add'" (second bullet on web page), scroll down the list and select "PCT86" (Sex by Occupation for the Employed Civilian Population 16 Years and Over).
- Click on "Add."
- Pull down screen and click on "Next."
- Under "Select one or more race or ethnic groups and click 'Add'" (second bullet on web page), select "Total population" and then scroll down and select "Hispanic or Latino (of any race)" and click "Add" (below the menu option).
- Move screen to the right and click on "Show result."
- The table with raw data will be displayed.