ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Workforce Recruitment Program
What Does the WRP Offer to Colleges and Universities?
The WRP provides a unique opportunity for colleges and universities to
- Tap into a system that has been successfully placing students and recent graduates with disabilities in summer and permanent positions in the public and private sectors for over 15 years, at no cost to the school and candidates.
- Bring together the resources of their disability services, career services, and veteran services offices to promote more effectively the job seeking skills and career readiness of their students and recent graduates with disabilities
- Provide their students and recent graduates with disabilities a chance to grow personally and professionally through participation in this nationwide program
The WRP Process:
- The WRP is run on an annual basis and requires applicants to have an interview (during the fall semester) with one of our recruiters during an on-campus recruitment visit.
- Schools that would like to participate in the WRP must be accredited by one of the accrediting agencies recognized by the US Department of Education, and must provide a one-day schedule of at least eight eligible candidates for our recruiter to interview.
- Information is sent out each year in the spring to register for our recruitment schedule for the following fall.
If your school is interested in participating in the WRP please send an email with your contact information to the WRP Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Leading The Way to Career Success: A Campus Coordinator's Guide to Managing the WRP Process