ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Workforce Recruitment Program
What Does the WRP Offer to Eligible Students and Recent Graduates?
The WRP is an excellent way for students and recent graduates with disabilities in all fields of study to
- Market their abilities to a wide variety of potential employers across the United States
- Sharpen their interviewing skills during a required phone interview with a WRP recruiter
- Gain valuable skills, experience, and contacts on the job
- Prove that people with disabilities can be excellent employees
Deadlines: Eligible candidates must contact their WRP Campus Coordinator early in the Spring semester to be considered for inclusion into the WRP. Candidates must follow through with their campus coordinators to ensure successful completion of the online application process and any additional requirements that their campus coordinator has put in place. Phone Interviews are conducted in October and early November.
- Pathways to Federal Employment Webinar for Students with Disabilities February 13, 2013
- Put Your Abilities to Work: A Student's Guide to the Workforce Recruitment Program Webinar September 11, 2012
- Navigating the Job Search Process for Applicants Video Series
- Sample Schedule A Letter (PDF)
- Schedule A Checklist for Students (PDF)