ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Workforce Recruitment Program
WRP Success Stories
Since its inception in 1995, more than 7,000 Workforce Recruitment Program candidates have been provided with Federal and private employment opportunities. Since that time the Workforce Recruitment Program has seen many more talented and ambitious individuals go on to make their mark in both the public and private sector. Some of the alumni have shared their success stories in hopes that future WRP candidates realize the career development potential inherent in the program. You can read their stories here:
- I Am the Workforce Photo Project Profiles The "I Am the Workforce" Photo Project selected six remarkable federal employees who found their path to government service through the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP).
- Working a 'Dream Job' at the SEC Read the story of a WRP graduate who now works his "dream job" at the Securities and Exchange Commission's Investment Management Division.
- WRP Success at the SSB Bart Group This video highlights a WRP graduate who landed a position at technology firm SSB Bart Group as a user interface analyst.
- I’m a Federal Employee Thanks to Schedule A. You Can Be, Too! This blog highlights a WRP graduate who landed a position in the federal government.
- WRP Success Story: Northrop Grumman This video clip, which features a WRP graduate who works at Northrop Grumman as a business management analyst, demonstrates how an inclusive workforce leads to success.
From the beginning of October to mid-November, recruiters from the federal government will be contacting campuses across the country to interview prospective candidates for the Workforce Recruitment Program. Each December, the WRP database will be available to employers across the country. Interested candidates should contact their WRP Campus Coordinator for more information.