ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Workforce Recruitment Program
WRP Success Stories
Since its inception in 1995, more than 6000 Workforce Recruitment Program candidates have been provided with Federal and private employment opportunities. Since that time the Workforce Recruitment Program has seen many more talented and ambitious individuals go on to make their mark in both the public and private sector. Some of the alumni have shared their success stories in hopes that future WRP candidates realize the career development potential inherent in the program. You can read their stories here:
- Transitioning from College to a Career Part of a series, this post talks about some of the challenges faced when transitioning to the workforce, and some strategies to deal with them.
- WRP: An Opportunity to Test Drive a Future Career Read about the remarkable career opportunities a former WRP got to experience while working for the Department of Defense
- Adversity to Prosperity A WRP alum talks about the adversity she overcame to prosper and secure a position with the United States Department of Transportation.
- WRP: An Opportunity to Apply Your Knowledge This post explains to future WRP students about all the personal development and growth they'll experience in the program.
- Workforce Recruitment Program Providing Students with Meaningful Work Experience This post is a basic summary of the Workforce Recruitment Program, and the many skills one may learn on the job.
- Overcoming Obstacles in the Pursuit of Public Service A former WRP intern, now working for the Employee Benefits Security Administration, reflects on his disability and the path that led him to his current job.
- Providing Young People with Essential Confidence and an Opportunity to Succeed Read about a former WRP student who gained much needed confidence and guidance from the program, and now works in the private sector.
- I Am the Workforce Photo Project Profiles The "I Am the Workforce" Photo Project selected six remarkable federal employees who found their path to government service through the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP).
- Working a 'Dream Job' at the SEC Read the story of a WRP graduate who now works his "dream job" at the Securities and Exchange Commission's Investment Management Division.
- WRP Success at the SSB Bart Group This video highlights a WRP graduate who landed a position at technology firm SSB Bart Group as a user interface analyst.
From the beginning of October to mid-November, recruiters from the federal government will be visiting campuses across the country to interview prospective candidates for the Workforce Recruitment Program. Each December, the WRP database will be available to employers across the country. Interested candidates should contact their WRP Campus Coordinator for more information.