ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
To develop and influence disability employment-related policies and practices, ODEP sponsors four research and technical assistance resources. One of these is the National Center on Leadership for the Employment and Economic Advancement of People with Disabilities (LEAD Center). The LEAD Center is a collaborative of disability, workforce and economic empowerment organizations led by National Disability Institute. The LEAD Center is dedicated to advancing sustainable individual and systems-level change to improve competitive, integrated employment and economic self-sufficiency for adults across the spectrum of disabilities.
The LEAD Center's work focuses on three core leadership areas: policy, employment and economic advancement. Recent LEAD Center activities include:
- April edition of LEAD Center Employment, Health Care & Disability Policy Update
The April edition of this monthly update, focusing on the intersection of employment, disability and health care policy, features stories on the closing of the initial ACA Open Enrollment period, the recent settlement of the landmark Rhode Island segregated employment lawsuit, and various reports on topics such as housing, Medicaid eligibility and family support for people with disabilities.
- LEAD Center releases first bi-annual Policy Roundtable report
The inaugural roundtable, entitled “Making Collaboration Real,” brought together stakeholders, including federal agency leaders, state and local policymakers, practitioners and subject matter experts to focus on building a progressive vision to leverage resources effectively across systems to promote employment and socioeconomic advancement of youth and adults with disabilities.
- LEAD Center hosted two webinars presented by ODEP and CMS's Disability & Elderly Public Health Group for state policymakers and disability policy stakeholders that discussed recent federal policy guidance issued by CMS. Miss the webinars? Access them via the links below.
LEAD Center Webinar Series
The webinar series for Year Two launched in January 2014, and includes three mini series: economic advancement (January - April), employment (May - July) and leadership (August - October). All webinars are live captioned and archived with a transcript on the LEAD Center website and the LEAD Center YouTube Channel.
Upcoming LEAD Center Webinars include:
- Medicaid Managed Care and Its Implications on Employment Services May 28, 2014 3:00 p.m. EDT.
As states continue to transition their Medicaid systems into managed care models, numerous opportunities and risks to Medicaid-financed employment services have emerged.
- New CMS Regulation on HCBS Settings: Implications for Employment Services June 25, 2014, 3:00 p.m. EDT.
In the aftermath of CMS' recent regulation defining acceptable and unacceptable settings for Home and Community based Services, state and stakeholders are now considering how to transition their service-provision systems into compliance with the new CMS requirements for greater integration.
- View upcoming webinars on the LEAD Center webinar page.