ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
ODEP and CVS will work together to promote the employment of people with disabilities, with a focus on developing model programs for recruiting, hiring, and advancing employees with disabilities. These models may be shared with the general employer community.
Training and Education
Outreach and Communication
Former Acting Assistant Secretary Karen M. Czarnecki and Stephen M. Wing, Director, Government Programs, CVS Caremark, sign ODEP's second alliance agreement.
- Disseminate information through print and electronic media.
- Disseminate information through ODEP's and CVS' Web sites.
- Disseminate information at conferences and events.
- Collaborateon developing and conducting training and education sessions for various conferences and seminars.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at conferences, meetings or other events to proactively address employment of workers with disabilities.
- Identify technology resources that may provide opportunities to accommodate individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
- Collaborate to develop demonstration employment programs.
- Raise others' awareness of and demonstrate commitment to the advancement of employment for people with disabilities.
- Develop case studies illustrating the business value of employing people with disabilities and publicize their results.
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on disability employment in the pharmacy/retail industries to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace on recruiting, hiring, retaining and promoting people with disabilities.