ODEP - Office of Disability Employment Policy
Disability Employment Policy Resources by Topic
Workforce Recruitment Program
NOTE: The Workforce Recruitment Program’s (WRP) annual interview season was scheduled to begin on October 1st, the same day the federal government shutdown began. During the shutdown, federal employees could not conduct work of any kind. Post-shutdown, WRP recruiters–who volunteer to do this each year in addition to their normal work–now must focus on agency work. Given the circumstances, we have changed the process of evaluating all 4,000 candidates and entering their profiles into the WRP database without delaying the database launch scheduled for mid-December.
To facilitate these tasks this year, recruiters will evaluate candidates based only on their online profiles (resume, transcript and an Interview Questions form with answers provided in writing by students) instead of conducting interviews with students.
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and the U.S. Department of Defense's Office of Diversity Management & Equal Opportunity (ODMEO) manage the program, which continues to be successful with the participation of many other federal agencies and sub-agencies. Since the program's expansion in 1995, over 6,000 students and recent graduates have received temporary and permanent employment opportunities through the WRP.
- What Does the Program Offer to Federal Employers?
- What Does the Program Offer to Private Employers?
- What Does the WRP Offer to Colleges and Universities?
- What Does the WRP Offer to Eligible Students and Recent Graduates?
- What Does the Program Offer to Recruiters?
Register to be a Recruiter
- Talent Has No Boundaries, an Employer’s Guide to Recruiting and Retaining Individuals with Disabilities Webinar February 27, 2013
- Pathways to Federal Employment Webinar for Students with Disabilities February 13, 2013
- Put Your Abilities to Work: A Student's Guide to the Workforce Recruitment Program Webinar September 11, 2012
- Guide to Identifying Talented Candidates with Disabilities Webcast June 19, 2012
- Navigating the Job Search Process for Applicants Video Series
- I am the Workforce Photo Project Participant Profiles
- WRP Success Stories
- Other Internship Programs
Additional information and resources for WRP can be found at www.wrp.gov.