Compliance Assistance OASAM
The Department of Labor is committed to providing its customers - America's employers, workers, job seekers and retirees - with clear and easy-to-access information on how to comply with federal employment laws. Such information and guidance is known as "compliance assistance."
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Administration and Management (OASAM), through the Department's Procurement Executive in the Business Operations Center, is responsible for the overall implementation of the Department's procurement and grant programs and ensures that these programs are performed in accordance with the appropriate laws and regulations. Through delegations of grant and procurement authority these programs are implemented through a decentralized procurement structure via several operational acquisition and assistance offices.
OASAM (Civil Rights Center) also enforces various Federal statutes and regulations that (1) prohibit discrimination in DOL funded programs and activities; (2) prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability by certain public entities and in DOL conducted activities; and, (3) prohibit discrimination within DOL itself.
Browse the following list of resources for specific compliance assistance information:
Business Operations Center
- Contracting and Grant Program Overview
- Grant Information and Resources
- Contract Information and Resources
- Procurement Statutes and Regulations
- Procurement and Grant Points of Contact
- Office of Small Business Programs
Civil Rights Center
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended
- Section 167 of the Job Training Partnership Act, as amended
- Section 188 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998
- Title II Subpart A of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended
- Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Section 2000e-16, Employment by Federal Government
- Equal Pay Act of 1963, as amended
- Executive Order 13160 [.pdf format] Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Race, Sex, Color, National Origin, Disability, Religion, Age, Sexual Orientation, and Status as a Parent in Federally Conducted Education and Training Programs
- Executive Order 13145 [.pdf format] To Prohibit Discrimination in Federal Employment Based on Genetic Information
- Executive Order 13166 [.pdf format] Improving Access to Services for Persons With Limited English Proficiency.
- Executive Order 11478 Equal Employment Opportunity In The Federal Government
- Equal Treatment in Department of Labor Programs for Faith-Based and Community Organizations; Protection of Religious Liberty of Department of Labor Social Service Providers and Beneficiaries [7/12/2004]
- Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Government Contractors, Executive Order 11246, as Amended; Exemption for Religious Entities; Final Rule [9/30/2003]