98.615 - Grounds for suspension of payments, suspension or termination of grants, or suspension or debarment.
- Standard Number: 98.615
- Standard Title: Grounds for suspension of payments, suspension or termination of grants, or suspension or debarment.
- SubPart Number: F
- SubPart Title: Drug-Free Workplace Requirements (Grants)
A grantee shall be deemed in violation of the requirements of this subpart if the agency head or his or her official designee determines, in writing, that_
(a) The grantee has made a false certification under 98.630;
(b) With respect to a grantee other than an individual_
(1) The grantee has violated the certification by failing to carry out the requirements of paragraphs (A)(a)-(g) and/or (B) of the certification (Alternate I to appendix C) or
(2) Such a number of employees of the grantee have been convicted of violations of criminal drug statutes for violations occurring in the workplace as to indicate that the grantee has failed to make a good faith effort to provide a drug-free workplace.
(c) With respect to a grantee who is an individual_
(1) The grantee has violated the certification by failing to carry out its requirements (Alternate II to appendix C); or
(2) The grantee is convicted of a criminal drug offense resulting from a violation occurring during the conduct of any grant activity.