Security and Emergency Management
Security and Emergency Management (SEM) provides Departmental leadership on all matters of National Security, Homeland Security, and Emergency Management for the Department of Labor. Currently working as part of a government-wide team to reinforce Federally mandated National Security and Homeland Defense initiatives, Security and Emergency Management oversees day-to-day operations and ensures prompt response to a full spectrum of potential disasters.
Under the guidance of Security and Emergency Management, the Security and Emergency Management Centers collectively initiate standardized procedures to protect DOL assets, maintain continuity of government operations, govern overall programmatic direction and implementation of comprehensive emergency management policies, and support various Federal response plans.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- The White House Office of Homeland Security
- Personal Preparedness Guide
- Be Secure for America (ATF)
- Red Cross
- Disaster help