Civil Rights Center
Latest Events and News
CRC hosts Assistive Technology Demonstration Day, September 30, 2014
The U.S. Department of Labor's Civil Rights Center Reasonable Accommodation Resource Center (RARC) invites you to attend "Assistive Technology Demonstration Day" on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 10:00 am-3:00 pm. The event will be held at the Frances Perkins Building in the North Plaza. Presenters include the Civil Rights Center's Reasonable Accommodation Resource Center (RARC), Department of Defense's Computer Electronic Accommodation Program (CAP), and Job Accommodation Network (JAN). This event is open to all DOL employees. Please feel free to share this email with your employees to encourage participation.
- Download the Assistive Technology Demonstration Day Poster (PDF)
- Contact RARC.email@example.com to request an accommodation or call (202) 693-6500
Upcoming Webinar Training
The U.S. Department of Labor's Civil Rights Center will host a webinar on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm EST, entitled "Title IX: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Violence and Bullying." Presented by Joseph Wheeler, a Staff Attorney in the U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. The webinar will cover a recipient's obligation to prevent and remedy sex discrimination in federally funded education programs under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, with an emphasis on the topics of bullying, sexual harassment, and sexual violence against students.
This webinar is intended for State and local equal opportunity officers, Job Corps equal opportunity officers, and Job Corps Center administrators. Please feel free to forward this email to your local offices or any individuals with these responsibilities. Space is limited.
Civil Rights Center
- About Internal Enforcement
- Hot Topics
- Guidance from the EEOC on Processing Complaints of Discrimination by Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Federal Employees
- How to file an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Complaint
- Statutes, Regulations and Policies
- Reasonable Accommodation Resource Center
- Regional and National Office EEO Counselors
- Resources for Employees with Concerns about Improper Conduct in the DOL Workplace