Civil Rights Center
|Whats New in CRC|
The Civil Rights Center enforces various Federal statutes and regulations that (1) prohibit discrimination in DOL financially assisted and conducted programs and activities; (2) prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability by certain public entities and in DOL conducted activities; and, (3) prohibit discrimination within DOL itself.
The primary external activities of this agency include:
- conducts equal opportunity compliance reviews of DOL grant recipients;
- investigates discrimination complaints filed against DOL grant recipients as well as certain complaints alleging discrimination on the basis of disability by State and local governments; and,
- provides equal opportunity compliance assistance and training to DOL grant recipients.
The primary internal activities of this agency include:
- mediates and/or investigates discrimination complaints filed against DOL;
- investigates complaints alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in DOL conducted programs and activities; and
- provides compliance assistance and advice to DOL management on their
responsiblities under applicable equal employment opportunity laws and