Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
We are a customer service organization dedicated to providing information technology leadership, products and support for the Department of Labor.
- Customer Advocacy: Facilitates the agency/IT relationship, fosters a customer service culture in IT, identifies agency current and future IT needs and quantifies into technical requirements for funding, systems and application support.
- Information Assurance: Ensures the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of information and information systems.
- Program Management: Ensures that investment initiatives are managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- IT Governance: Facilitates the effective management and oversight of the Department's portfolio of IT investments to ensure they are managed in accordance with legislative mandates, such as: The Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, E-Government Act of 2002, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB) requirements, along with policy and industry best practices for IT management.
- Systems Development: Focuses on developing applications and services. Provides for the planning, definition, design, implementation, testing and operational deployment of application software.
- Enterprise Operations: Operates, maintains, and enhances IT infrastructure, infrastructure services, and application support.
- Administration: Coordinates the administrative affairs of the OCIO, including: budget preparation and control of expenditures; acquisition management; personnel administration; staffing levels and skills; and, internal organizational performance.