- Step 1: Engage Stakeholders and Partners
- Step 2: Assess risks and impacts
- Step 3: Develop code of conduct
- Step 4: Communicate and Train across your supply chain
- Step 5: Monitor compliance
- Step 6: Remediate violations
- Step 7: Independent review
- Step 8: Report performance
ILAB welcomes feedback on the Reducing Child Labor and Forced Labor toolkit. To submit feedback on this section, please e-mail ILAB.
- Bhaskaran, Resmi, Dev Nathan, Nicola Phillips, and C. Upendranadh, “Vulnerable Workers and Labour Standards (Non-) Compliance in Global Production Networks: Home-Based Child Labour in Delhi’s Garment Sector.” In: Better Work Conference on Workers, Businesses and Government: Understanding Labor Compliance in Global Supply Chains, International Finance Corporation, October 26-28, 2011.
- Locke, Richard M., Fei Qin, and Alberto Brause. “Does Monitoring Improve Labor Standards? A Lesson from Nike,” Industrial and Labor Relations Review 61, no. 1 (October 2007): 3-31.
- Mehrotra, Santosh, and Mario Biggeri, “The Subterranean Child Labour Force: Subcontracted Home Based Manufacturing in Asia,” UNICEF Innocenti Working Paper No. 96, Geneva 2000; available from http://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdfiwp96.pdf.
- ILO. Combating Forced Labour: A Handbook for Employers and Business. Geneva, 2008; available from http://www.ilo.org/sapfl/Informationresources/ILOPublications/WCMS_101171/lang--en/index.htm.
- ILO. Decent work and the informal economy. Geneva, 2002; available from http://www.ilo.org/public/english/standards/relm/ilc/ilc90/pdf/rep-vi.pdf.
- ILO. Hard to See, Harder to Count: Survey guidelines to estimate forced labour of adults and children. Geneva, 2011; available from http://www.ilo.org/global/publications/books/WCMS_182084/lang--es/index.htm.
- ILO-IPEC. Guidelines for developing child labour monitoring (CLM) processes. 2005; available from http://www.ilo.org/ipecinfo/product/viewProduct.do;?productId=1500.
- ITUC. Mini Action Guide on Forced Labour, 2008, available from http://www.ituc-csi.org/IMG/pdf/
- Verité. Fair Hiring Toolkit; available from http://www.verite.org/helpwanted/toolkit.
Continue to Step 6, Remediate Violations >>