2009 Highlights Archive: February 26, 2009
Assistance Available After Job Loss
The Department of Labor takes seriously its responsibility to help America's workers cope with the current economic challenges. The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) offers employment-related assistance to workers impacted by layoffs to improve their re-employment prospects and prepare for job transitions. The Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA) provides information on health and retirement benefit rights to help American workers make decisions regarding their health coverage in case of job loss.
- Visit EBSA's Web page on COBRA continuation coverage.
- Visit ETA's reemployment Web page.
- Visit ETA's Web page for job-related resources and assistance.
- Visit EBSA's Web page on health and retirements benefits.
- ETA's apprentice Web site.
- Find other DOL resources for job seekers.
- Learn more about employment security assistance.
- Find resources and tools for job search assistance.