Regulations, Part 779
Fair Labor Standards Act
as Applied to Retailers of Goods or Services
§779.411 through §779.419
- Employee of a ``retail or service establishment''.
- Compensation requirements for overtime pay exemption under section 7(i).
- Methods of compensation of retail store employees.
- Types of employment in which this overtime pay exemption may apply.
- Computing employee's compensation for the representative period.
- What compensation "represents commissions".
- The ``representative period'' for testing employee's compensation.
- Grace period for computing portion of compensation representing commissions.
- Dependence of the section 7(i) overtime pay exemption upon the level of the employee's
``regular rate'' of pay.
Please click on the Back button to return to the Advisor.