Photo Gallery: Acting Secretary Seth D. Harris Discusses Raising the Federal Minimum Wage with Workers in Akron
(May 20, 2013)
- Sheri Myricks, Akron Urban League marketing director starts the program.
- Fred Wright, president & CEO, Akron Urban League welcomes the participants.
- Akron, Ohio, Mayor Donald L. Plusquellic speaks to the group.
- Acting Secretary Seth D. Harris talks with workers about raising the federal minimum wage.
- ReJeanne Payne says an increase in the federal minimum wage would help her raise her son.
- Thomas Jones says he has to manage his money very carefully and would benefit greatly from a minimum wage increase.
- Steven Titumus says of an increase in the federal wage, 'I might be able to take my kids camping - do something for them.'
- Sammeka Luster is earning the minimum wage while trying to take care of her younger sister.
- Sandra Stanley asks acting Secretary Harris for advice on how she can advocate for a higher minimum wage for herself and other workers.
- Darla Earnest also asks for advice on how to best advocate for a higher minimum wage.
- Acting Secretary Harris and participants of the round table discussion stop for a photo outside of the Akron Urban League.