Photo Gallery: Acting Secretary Seth D. Harris Discusses Raising the Federal Minimum Wage with Workers in Baltimore
(May 14, 2013)
- Acting Secretary Harris is greeted by Sabree Akinyele, director, Our Daily Bread Employment Center, in Baltimore, Md.
- Acting Secretary Harris meets Mary Anne O'Donnell, division director, Catholic Charities of Baltimore.
- Alex M. Sanchez, chief of staff to Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, introduces acting Secretary Harris.
- (L-R) Deli worker Jonathan Martin, acting Secretary Seth D. Harris and waitress Erin Breen listen to a minimum wage earners story.
- Workers gathered at Our Daily Bread Employment Center in Baltimore to discuss what raising the federal minimum wage would mean.
- Dorothy Irene Kent discusses her efforts to keep up with the bills by working two jobs where she earns slightly above the current federal minimum wage.
- Acting Secretary Harris (left) listens while retail worker and mother Kali Radke (right) argues for a higher minimum wage.
- De'Warren Reaves (standing on left) tells acting Secretary Harris about the challenges facing low-wage workers caring for their families.