Photo Gallery: Contra Costa College Training visit and TAACCCT Announcement
(April 19, 2013)
- A recent graduate of the Contra Costa College FLOW program demonstrate proper forklift operations.
- Acting Secretary Harris and Under Secretary Kanter hear about the benefits of the jointly operated training site.
- The first cohort of the FLOW program finished on April 9th and many have already been hired by local employers.
- Acting Secretary Harris, Under Secretary of Education Martha Kanter, and Congressman George Miller talk with recent program graduates during a tour of the Richmond, Calif. training facility.
- Congressman George Miller talks about how the TAACCCT funding is helping deliver targeted training s to meet employer needs.
- Dr. Denise Noldon, President of Contra Costa College explains how strong partnerships with local employers are crucial to effective training programs.
- During his remarks, Acting Secretary Harris announced the availability of an additional $474 million in TAACCCT funding.