Photo Gallery: US Secretary of Labor nominee Thomas Perez, testifies at his confirmation hearing before the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pension Committee
(April 18, 2013)
- Maryland Senators Barbara A. Mikulski and Benjamin L. Cardin introduce Thomas Perez, a resident of Maryland, at his confirmation hearing for secretary of labor.
- Sen. Tom Harkin of Iowa, chairman of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, listens to opening remarks by Thomas Perez.
- Thomas Perez, President Obama’s nominee to be secretary of labor, testifies at his Senate confirmation hearing.
- Sen. Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, ranking member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, questions the nominee.
- Sen. Orrin G. Hatch of Utah listens to testimony of Thomas Perez, nominee for secretary of labor.
- Sen. Patty Murray of Washington state awaits response from Thomas Perez at his confirmation hearing.
- Thomas Perez, assistant attorney general for civil rights at the Justice Department, has been nominated to serve as the next secretary of labor.
- Thomas Perez, nominee for secretary of labor, is joined by family members at his Senate confirmation hearing.