Photo Gallery: Acting Secretary of Labor, Seth Harris and Assistant Secretary for Veterans' Employment and Training, Keith Kelly address veteran's Service Organization
(February 20, 2013)
- Ariel Batungbacal, the department’s White House Fellow and an active duty member of the Air Force, tells the audience that the Department of Labor has itself hired over 700 women veterans.
- Acting Secretary of Labor Seth Harris tells a meeting of Veterans Service Organizations here that their input "is critical to the success" of the department's programs aimed at helping veterans.
- Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans' Employment and Training Keith Kelly tells VSOs "this is our moment to work with you and do a better job for all veterans."
- Curtis Coy (far left), deputy under secretary for Economic Opportunity, Veterans Benefits Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, said almost 33,000 veterans have enrolled in or received benefits from the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program.
- Acting Secretary of Labor Seth Harris tells VSOs the department's Veterans' Employment and Training Service represents "the lead voice for veterans at the Labor Department" as Assistant Secretary for VETS Keith Kelly looks on.