Photo Gallery: FMLA Roundtable at White House
(February 7, 2013
- Tina Tchen, White House Executive Director of the Office of Women & Girls and the First Lady’s Chief of Staff is joined by Acting Secretary of Labor Seth Harris addressing the roundtable on the future of the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Acting Secretary Harris looks on as Tina Tchen welcomes the participants. They are joined by Demetra Nightingale from DOL’s Chief Evaluation Office.
- Acting Secretary Harris addresses the event with Tina Tchen and Jocelyn Frye from the White House.
- Acting Deputy Administrator of the Wage & Hour Division Mary Beth Maxwell, joined by the Womens’ Bureau’s Latifa Lyles, holds up a new resource detailing how the FMLA’s new regulation benefits military families and their caregivers.
- Participants gather in the White House Indian Treaty Room
- A participant reviews results of the 2012 Family and Medical Leave Act Survey
- Stakeholders, including employers, advocates for working families, the disability community, LGBT families and more take part in the discussion about the future of FMLA