Photo Gallery: OSHA Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee Meeting
(January 29, 2013)
- Dr. David Michaels, assistant secretary of labor for occupational safety and health delivers opening remarks at the inaugural meeting of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee.
- Nancy Lessin, program director of the United Steelworkers' Tony Mazzocchi Center for Health, Safety and Environmental Education, addresses the committee composed of 12 voting and three ex-officio members.
- David Eherts, vice president and chief safety officer at Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., offers industry perspective on whistleblower protections as Kenneth Wengert of Kraft Foods looks on.
- Emily Spieler, professor of law at Northeastern School of Law, chairs the newly formed advisory committee.
- The new WPAC members, announced Dec. 13, 2012, will serve two year terms and meet at least twice each year.
- Members of the committee, including Gregory Keating, co-chair of the whistleblowing practice group at Littler Mendelson P.C. (pictured), were challenged by Assistant Secretary Michaels to help bring about a cultural change that embraces whistleblowers.