Photo Gallery: Service Fair
(January 19, 2013)
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis participated in the National Day of Service at CASA de Maryland on Jan. 19. Here, Secretary Solis poses with two volunteers at CASA's Hyattsville office.
- Secretary Solis chats with participants at a citizenship and deferred action workshop at CASA de Maryland. The Secretary was one of 12 U.S. Cabinet members to participate in this year's National Day of Service.
- Secretary Solis (second from left) and other volunteers receive instructions on assisting an applicants with visa paperwork at the Jan. 19 citizenship and deferred action workshop. An estimated 200 people took part in the event.
- Secretary Solis proudly displays a plaque presented to her by CASA de Maryland. The plaque reads (in Spanish): 'Many thanks, Hilda, for all your support. We wish you much success.'
- CASA Director of Health and Human Services George Escobar gives Secretary Solis a tour of the Hyattsville facilities.
- From the right foreground to background, Department of Labor staff Ali Khawar, Phil Tom, and Joe McNearney share information about department programs at the National Day of Service fair on January 19.
- Department staffers Malaika Jeter of the International Labor Affairs Bureau and Les Jin of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs pose in front of a DOL poster commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day at the National Day of Service fair.
- The Department of Labor information table was a popular destination during the Service Fair. Labor Department staffers interact with fair goers interested in connecting with department programs in their local communities.
- Ben Seigel (left), deputy director of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, uses the department’s online tool Service Locator to help a Service Fair attendee find her nearest American Job Center.
- Ashley Gerwitz (left) of the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships and Ambreen Tariq (right) of the Wage and Hour Division take a quick photo break at the Service Fair.