Photo Gallery: San Francisco OFCCP Conference
(October 19, 2012)
- OFCCP Regional Director William Smitherman welcomed conference attendees gathered to share and learn about hiring, retaining and accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Kathy Martinez, assistant secretary for Disability Employment Policy, addressed the conference via WebEx.
- Tony Sauer, director of the California Department of Rehabilitation, provided opening remarks to the crowd.
- Bryan Bashin, CEO of LightHouse for the Blind, shared his personal experience learning 'how to be blind' when he lost his sight as a student at U.C. Berkeley and later succeeded in a number of fields.
- Safeway's Jeff Mason and Paige Lindley shared how they successfully worked with labor groups and others to facilitate employment of workers with disabilities during the general session and on a later 'best practices' panel.
- San Francisco community-based organization The Arc emphasizes that workers with disabilities can succeed, using a new interpretation of the World War II 'Rosie the Riveter' theme.