Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Participates in Roundtable Conversation With Vulnerable Workers in San Francisco, CA
(October 18, 2012)
- Secretary Solis talks with a group of students currently enrolled at the Treasure Island Job Corps Center in San Francisco. Solis praised all those interested in furthering their academic education and career technical training.
- David Chiu, president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, welcomed Secretary Solis to Chinatown.
- Secretary Solis speaks at the headquarters of the non-profit Chinese for Affirmative Action in the heart of the Chinatown district of San Francisco.
- "You will greatly increase your competitiveness in the job market if you can get a professional certificate or a college degree," Solis told the standing room crowd.
- Rep. Lynn Woolsey joined Secretary Solis at the event saying, "Secretary Solis really understands low wage and immigrant workforce issues."