Photo Gallery: US Secretary of Labor Hilda L Solis Meets With Community Leaders in Seattle, New Orleans and San Francisco
(October 12, 17, 18, 2012)
- Secretary Solis is greeted by members of The Successful Work Force Program at Seattle, Washington's Young Women's Christian Association Job Training Center Opportunity Place on October 12.
- Nearly 100 attendees at the YWCA Opportunity Place in Seattle listen to Secretary Solis speak on the importance of job training and the challenge of ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
- Secretary Solis and community members in Seattle discuss the issues vulnerable populations are facing with employment and how Labor Department programs and partnerships are helping.
- Secretary Solis with Yolanda Cooper (to the Secretary's left), who utilizes the resources at Seattle's WorkSource and Kamaria Al-Harazi (to the Secretary's right), an employment specialist at WorkSource Seattle-King County.
- Secretary Solis meets with the senior faculty at Xavier University, New Orleans, Louisiana prior to speaking to a larger group on education, the economy, and job training.
- Secretary Solis speaks to about 70 community leaders, students and faculty at Xavier University.
- Dr. Norman Francis, president of Xavier University proudly presents Secretary Solis with a T-shirt, at the event attended by students, faculty, and community leaders.
- Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis spoke at the headquarters for the non-profit Chinese for Affirmative Action in heart of the Chinatown district of San Francisco, Calif.,on Oct. 18."