Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Visits City Hall in San Francisco
(July 24, 2012)
- Mayor Ed Lee welcomes Secretary Solis to San Francisco's city hall for a discussion on connecting young people to summer jobs.
- Mayor Lee talks about opening up more than 5,000 summer employment opportunities in San Francisco by partnering with the United Way of the Bay Area and local businesses.
- The roundtable discussion included representatives from local employers including AfterCollege.com, Internships.com, LinkedIn, Facecook, BRE Properties, Starbucks, and Jawbone as well as area youth who found jobs through the Summer Jobs+ initiative.
- LaRon Ryan, who is working at the front desk of local audio technology manufacturer Jawbone, talks about his summer job experience.
- Secretary Solis listens in as Eric McDonnell from the United Way of the Bay Area talks about the important role that non-profit organizations like his play in connecting young people to businesses looking to hire.
- Eric McDonnell, Secretary Solis, and Mayor Lee share a light moment during the discussion.
- Secretary Solis and Eric McDonnell listen as local developer Monica Wilkinson talks about the inspiration to create her Trabaja Friends app for Facebook, which allows users to share postings from the Summer Jobs+ bank with their friends on the social networking site.