Photo Gallery: Goodwill Silicon Valley
(July 23, 2012)
- One person's trash is another person's treasure. Secretary Solis and a participant in Goodwill/San Jose inspect an old movie projector, that will soon be offered by the program's innovate e-commerce project.
- Secretary Solis tours the e-commerce program at Goodwill Industries in San Jose, California.
- During her visit to San Jose, Secretary Solis shined a spotlight on programs to help veterans. Here, she meets a vet involved in a local Goodwill industries program.
- Making sure that veterans are job-ready is a priority for Secretary Solis and the U.S. Department of Labor. While in San Jose, she saw first-hand programs that help put our veterans to work.
- Who knew that old, discarded mattresses could be so valuable? At the Goodwill Industries of San Jose, military veterans are turning trash into cash. And learning valuable job readiness skill as well!