Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Visits Grand Rapids, Michigan
(July 19, 2012)
- Secretary Solis is welcomed to the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan by CEO Martha Gonzalez-Cortes and Grand Rapids City Manager Greg Sundstrom.
- Grand Rapids City Commissioner Walt Gutowski and Secretary Solis listen in as Hispanic Center of Western Michigan CEO Martha Gonzalez-Cortes talks about the important role of the Latino community in western Michigan.
- Secretary Solis urged Latinos to pursue a higher education during her conversation about the importance of job training at The Hispanic Center of Western Michigan in Grand Rapids.
- Leaders from academia, business, and philanthropic organizations in the Grand Rapids gathered for a conversation with Secretary Solis about the resources available to Latinos and the important role this growing group is playing in the strengthening of our national economy.
- From left to right members of The Hispanic Center of Western Michigan pose for a picture with Secretary Solis: Mario Alfaro, Vanessa Flores Giles, Mindy Ysasi-Castanon, Secretary Solis, Martha Gonzalez-Cortes, and Ricardo Martinez.
- Later in the day, Secretary Solis visited Wayland, Michigan, home to this assembly plant for Falcon Waterfree Technologies.
- Workers assemble and package the state-of-the-art filtration cartridge used in Falcon's water-free plumbing products.
- By choosing to locally source these cartridges, Falcon was able to bring jobs back to western Michigan after using a foreign company based in Shanghai.
- Secretary Solis shares a light moment with leadership from Falcon and it's local suppliers Reeves Plastics and BioSolutions.
- Secretary Solis talks with the press about the importance of companies committing to their local communities, and the growth potential for water and energy efficient products.