Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis attends Jamba Juice Summer Jobs Event
(July 9, 2012)
- During remarks Secretary Solis highlighted the innovative ways that companies like Jamba Juice are helping expand employment opportunities for young people this summer.
- The 18th Surgeon General of the United States Regina M. Benjamin, MD, MBA also helped celebrate the opening of the new store, as well as Jamba Juice's commitment to healthier food options.
- Jamba Juice COO Bruce Schroder and Secretary Solis celebrate the news that Jamba Juice has already passed its goal of hiring 3500 young people across the country this summer.
- Secretary Solis talks with students from the Potomac Job Corps Center who were also in attendance. Job Corps has partnered with Jamba Juice on an innovative internship program for its advanced culinary students.
- Jamba Juice has hired more than 50 local DC youth as part of their involvement with the Summer Jobs+ initiative.
- Secretary Solis takes a moment to talk with store employee Korie and cool off with a smoothie.
- Secretary Solis, Jamba Juice COO Bruce Schroeder, National Jobs Corps Director Edna Primrose, and students and faculty from the Potomac Job Corps center on hand to celebrate the opening.