Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Kicks Off OSHA's Safety Week
(June 13, 2012)
- Children from the Labor Department's Esther Peterson Child Development Center received a greeting from the crash test dummy.
- A DOL Facility Electrician shows Secretary Solis the 'Wall of Flame.' This exhibit shows what can happen when building occupants use unapproved extension cords or when incorrectly installed appliances overload building electrical systems.
- OSHA Assistant Secretary Dr. David Michaels provided opening remarks to kick-off DOL Safety Day in the Frances Perkins Building.
- Safety Day 2012 audience members included children from the Labor Department's Esther Peterson Child Development Center.
- Solis takes time to pose with Assistant Secretary Michaels and OSHA employees.
- Dr. Michaels, Secretary Solis and an exhibitor from Defense Intelligence Agency's Safety Office smile for the camera.
- Smile! The Mine Safety and Health Administration team take a group photo with Solis.
- Exhibitors from the Deaf Abused Women's Network (DAWN) explain their mission to Secretary Solis.
- Secretary Solis gets her blood pressure taken at the DOL Health Unit booth.
- DOL employees pose in front of the Johns Hopkins CARES Mobile Safety Center. Children from the Child Development Center and DOL employees explored fun, interactive safety exhibits inside the CARES vehicle.