Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis at Migrant Worker Signing Ceremony
(June 11, 2012)
- Secretary Solis shakes hands with Ambassador Jorge Ramon Hernandez Alcerro of Honduras during the signing ceremony.
- Carol Pier, Acting Deputy Undersecretary of ILAB, gives opening remarks and introduces the program.
- Secretary Solis told an audience of about 200 that all workers in America have a legal right to safe, clean working conditions and fair pay.
- Secretary Solis congratulates Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia, Jr. of the Philippines after signing the agreements.
- Secretary Solis signs the agreement between the Department of Labor and Peru while Dr. David Michaels, assistant secretary for Occupational Safety and Health; Ambassador Harold W. Forsyth of Peru; and Libby Hendrix of the Wage and Hour Division, look on.
- Secretary Solis and Ambassador Cely of Ecuador commemorate the signing with a handshake.
- Secretary Solis facilitates a discussion with the ambassadors from Ecuador, Peru, Honduras and the Philippines.
- An audience of more than 200 packed the Great Hall at the Labor Department for the signing ceremony.
- Posing at the end of the ceremony are (left to right): Secretary Solis, Ambassador Cely of Ecuador, Ambassador Forsyth of Peru, Ambassador Cuisia of the Philippines, Ambassador Alcerro of Honduras, Libby Hendrix of the Wage and Hour Division, Carol Pier of ILAB, and Dr. David Michaels of OSHA.