Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Visits CASA de Maryland's Welcome Center, Hyattsville, Md.
(May 30 , 2012)
- Secretary Solis with staff from the CASA de Maryland's Prince George's Welcome Center in Hyattsville, Md., during a tour at one of the job training facilities at the location.
- Secretary Solis visits a training facility at CASA de Maryland, where Hispanic men and women are learning construction related skills.
- Secretary Solis and a student entering the construction field talk about the opportunities CASA de Maryland for people that want to start a career. CASA de Maryland's executive director Gustavo Torres (to the Secretary's left), listens to the conversation.
- Secretary of Labor, Hilda Solis, talks about job training programs funded by the U.S. Labor Department such as the curriculum at CASA de Maryland in Hyattsville, Maryland.
- More than 30 people listen closely to Secretary Solis' remarks on job training programs, and job safety during a visit to CASA de Maryland in Hyattsville.
- Secretary Solis holds a conversation with members from the Latino community. They discuss jobs, training programs and immigration.
- Secretary Solis takes questions from the various press outlets.