Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Meets with Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Fellows
(May 1, 2012)
- During a round of introductions with her guests, Secretary Solis learned that several of the attendees shared a common hometown.
- Secretary Solis delivered remarks regarding the Department of Labor's role in enforcing laws that impact the lives of all workers in the U.S. as well as the importance of public service in the Federal government.
- Flanked by Chief Economist Adriana Kugler and Senior Counselor Irasema T. Garza, Secretary Solis shared her trajectory from intern in the Carter White House to becoming the first Latina Cabinet member, encouraging her guests to dream big.
- Participants listen intently to one of several DOL staff members discuss their path to the Department and the scope of their work.
- Each guest received a copy of the Department's most recent report on The Latino Labor Force in the Recovery along with other DOL materials.
- Members of the HACU staff and alumni association including Gumecindo Salas, Vice President, Government Relations; Maria Elena Vivas-House, Senior Executive Director for the HACU National Internship Program (HNIP); Noel Guerrero, Associate Director of HNIP; Cesar Oyervides-Cisneros, HACU Associate Director; and members of the alumni association presented the Secretary with a plaque of appreciation.
- William Gil, CHCI Vice President of Programs; Reynaldo Decerega, CHCI Director of Programs; and Caroline González, Manager of the Leadership Programs join the CHCI fellows for a photo with Secretary Solis.