Photo Gallery: OSHA Safety Fest, San Francisco, Calif.
(February 27, 2012)
- The first Pacific Coast Safety Fest took place at Camp Parks in sunny Dublin, Calif., the week of Feb. 27, 2012.
- Employers, workers, government and community representatives were welcomed by OSHA Assistant Regional Administrator Barbara Goto, Camp Parks commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel David James, and Marc Wetter, safety manager at URS Corp., which partnered with OSHA as event host.
- OSHA's Deputy Assistant Secretary Richard Fairfax delivered an 'OSHA Update' at the opening session.
- Deputy Chief of Enforcement for Cal-OSHA Chris Lee (Center), here with acting Regional Administrator for OSHA Region IX Gail Hudspeth (left) and Deputy Assistant Secretary Rich Fairfax, addressed the audience during the opening session.
- The week-long fest offered small and large classes and certifications, including this hazards recognition class.
- Participants had the opportunity to speak with vendors, trade unions including the IBEW and Operating Engineers, and with federal agencies, including the U.S. Forest Service.
- Some booths offered a peek at the latest in safety equipment and gear.
- (From left) Barbara Goto, Chris Lee, Rich Fairfax, LTC James and Gail Hudspeth gather in front of OSHA's display.