Photo Gallery: Dr. Jill Biden and Secretary Solis Visit the Columbus State Community College Center for Workforce Development in Columbus, Ohio
(February 22, 2012)
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis and Dr. Jill Biden depart the bus for the first visit on the Community College to Career Tour (CC2C) in Columbus, Ohio. The trip includes additional stops in Dayton, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina to highlight the importance of community colleges in fostering careers.
- Columbus Mayor Michael Coleman welcomes Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis and Dr. Jill Biden to Columbus to kick off the Community College to Career Bus Tour. Dr. David Harrison, President of Columbus State Community College is also shown.
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis addresses the crowd at Columbus State Community College to kickoff the Community College to Career Bus Tour. Secretary Solis and Dr. Jill Biden embarked on a three day, eight stop tour to highlight the importance of community colleges in fostering careers.
- Marlon Hairston, now working as an Operations lead with ODW Logistics, credits Columbus State's LogisticsArts program with turning around his career and enabling him to provide for his family.
- Dr. David Harrison, President, Columbus State Community College moderated the discussion featuring examples of effective partnerships across a number of industries in the Columbus area.
- Erin Woodward, an associate with Midwest Express Group is another LogisticsArt graduate who credits the program with providing greater job security.
- Erin Woodward and Dr. Biden share a lighter moment during the Columbus stop on the Community College to Career Bus Tour.
- Jeff Woodard, VP of Manufacturing at Associated Hygienic Products shares how the partnership they have with CSCC helps him as an employer.
- Dr. Biden during the first stop on the Community College to Career Bus Tour in Columbus, OH.