Photo Gallery: Sec. Solis Discusses 'A Better Life' Film with Students
(February 16, 2012)
- Secretary of Labor Hilda L. Solis introduces film director Chris Weitz to an audience of students before screening the film 'A Better Life' to nearly 300 students in the DC metro and Maryland area on Thursday, Feb. 16, at 11:00 a.m.
- DOL Wage and Hour investigator Lucia Garcia answers a question about children migrant workers.
- After viewing the film, Senior Advisor to the Secretary of Labor Irasema Garza and Director Chris Weitz engage in a conversation about the message of the movie.
- A student from the Woodland Job Corps Center asks Director Chris Weitz what career path he wanted when he was a little boy.
- Chris Weitz answers why he decided to direct, after having directed films such as 'New Moon,' 'About a Boy,' 'American Pie,' and 'The Golden Compass,' a film that touches controversial political issues: 'A Better Life.'
- Secretary Solis provides closing remarks and thanks all 300 students for attending the film screening and discussion about 'A Better Life.'