Photo Gallery: DOL Hosts Meeting On Child Labor In Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire
(January 23, 2012)
- Deputy Secretary Harris thanked Congressman Engel for his longstanding commitment in combating child labor.
- Senator Harkin talked about the importance of a system to monitor efforts to combat the worst forms of child labor.
- More than 50 individuals attended the Child Labor Cocoa Coordinating Group meeting at the Department of Labor headquarters.
- Harris listens as Harkin discusses efforts to move forward to implement steps to combat child labor.
- Minister of Labor Gilbert Kone Kafana of Cote d'Ivoire thanked the United States for assisting his government.
- Minister Daniel Ohene Agyekm, Ghana's Ambassador to the United States, expressed appreciation to the panel for their determination and commitment.
- (Left to right) Participants at the Child Labor Cocoa Coordinating Committee meeting included Marcia Eugenio of the department's Bureau of International Labor Affairs, Melane Rose Boyce representing the industry, Ambassador Daniel Ohene Agyekum, Senator Harkin, Deputy Secretary Seth Harris and Representative Eliot Engel.