Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis holds US Interagency Council on Homelessness at HHS
(December 13, 2011)
- The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness held its final meeting of 2011 on Tuesday afternoon at the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Secretary Solis, with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki, discuss the significant accomplishment of a 12 percent decrease in homelessness among veterans from 2010 to 2011.
- The U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness leadership team (from left to right), Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki, Secretary Solis, USICH Executive Director Barbara Poppe, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, and Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan.
- Secretary Solis passes the gavel and role as chair of the USICH to HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, who will serve as the chair for 2012. Secretary Shinseki will serve as vice chair.
- From one chair to the next: Secretary Solis, outgoing USICH chair and Secretary Sebelius, incoming USICH chair, prepare for a press conference call after the USICH meeting on Tuesday.