Photo Gallery: Six from Mining Industry, MSHA Inducted into Coal Mine Rescue Hall of Fame
(October 12, 2011)
- Assistant Secretary Joe Main was selected as one of the winners.
- MSHA employee Diane Crouse has been involved in mine rescue since 1973.
- George Joseph worked for 26 years at Consol's Bailey Mine in Greene County, Pa., and responded to numerous mining accidents as a mine rescue team member.
- In 1985, Gary Christensen's mine rescue team helped save an 11-year-old Boy Scout who had been lost in an abandoned silver mine for four days.
- Among his responsibilities during a 39-year career, Marshall Fugate was an underground section foreman, safety supervisor, mine rescue team mapman and mine rescue team trainer.