Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Tours Catholic University
(October 4, 2011)
- Secretary Solis along with the team from Providence Hospital, a partner in Catholic University's nearly $4.2 million grant.
- From left to right: Dan Alford, CUA student; Amy Freeman, President and CEO of Providence Hospital; John Garvey, President of CUA; Secretary Solis, Sara Thompspon, Dean of the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies at CUA; James Brennan, CUA Provost; and Assistant Secretary Jane Oates.
- Dan Alford, A Catholic University student enrolled in one of the programs which will be helped by the grant funding, discusses his decision to re-think his career and the allure of health IT.
- Secretary Solis announces more than $159 million in training grants to help American workers fill jobs in high-growth fields. Seated are Catholic University president John Garvey (L) and Provost James Brennan (R).
- Secretary Solis, President Garvey, and Providenc Hospital President & CEO Amy Freeman walk across campus to the press conference.
- Doctors from Providence Hospital Health Systems demo the latest electronic health records software, and discuss how it can be used to improve patient care and lower costs.
- Secretary Solis and Catholic University President John Garvey talk with students about the need for proper training in the growing health information technology field.