Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis at Child Labor Event
(October 3, 2011)
- Secretary Solis welcomes representatives from the international community, federal agencies and non-governmental organizations during unveiling of new reports on child labor.
- Secretary Solis explains the importance of the reports in protecting children from hazardous work.
- Philippine Ambassador Jose L. Cuisia Jr. expresses deep appreciation for technical cooperation projects to eliminate child labor during panel discussion (Seated left to right: ILAB Deputy Undersecretary Sandra Polaski, Ambassador Cuisia, Secretary Solis, Senator Tom Harkin, Constance Thomas of the ILO’s International Program on the Elimination of Child Labor, and Daphne Culanag of World Vision.
- ILO representative Constance Thomas (seated second from right) responds to questions about initiatives by the organization relating to child labor.
- Solis and Senator Harkin responding to questions from the media.
- Senator Harkin gives remarks on efforts to eliminate child labor.
- About 150 guests listen to remarks by Senator Harkin.
- Panel participants pose for photo after the panel discussion.