Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis visits Ann Arundel Community College
(September 28, 2011)
- Dr. Martha Smith, President of Anne Arundel Community College welcomes Secretary Solis.
- Secretary Solis hears from students taking a course to help them pass the Certified Information Systems Security Professional exam, a key industry credential for in demand IT security professionals.
- Engineering Professor Tim Callinan shows off an award winning Rube Goldberg machine designed and built by AACC students using industry leading 3D printing technology.
- Professor Callinan demonstrates how the 3D printer can be used to design scale models of building and streetscapes as Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold and electronic engineering technologies student Ethan Czebotar look on.
- Assistant Secretary Jane Oates is amazed by the robotics capabilities in AACC’s cutting edge engineering lab.
- Computer programming students talk with Secretary Solis about how AACC is providing them with the skills employers are looking for.
- Dr. Martha Smith talks about the important role that schools like AACC play in developing a skilled local workforce, and the excitement of hearing that AACC would lead a $19.7 million grant involving 10 schools in 9 states.
- Marlena Clark, who recently graduated from AACC shares the story of how AACC -- and second chance at education – changed her life.