Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Delivers Remarks at the First Semi-Annual Aviation Workforce Management Conference
(September 21, 2011)
- (Left to right) Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood and Secretary Solis pause for a photo together before hosting the First Semi-Annual Aviation Workforce Management Conference & MOU Signing.
- (Left to right) Secretaries LaHood, Solis and Duncan participate in a secretarial chat on labor management collaboration and partnerships in the aviation industry and the need for the American Jobs Act.
- Secretary Solis makes a point at the First Semi-Annual Aviation Workforce Management Conference thatís purpose was to bridge the gap of information and understanding that exists today between the aviation workforce and its management and to develop collaborative and innovative actions in STEM education.
- Secretary Solis with Secretary LaHood discussing labor management collaboration at the First Semi-Annual Aviation Workforce Management Conference.
- Following the chat the secretaries took questions from the audience of about 150 public and private sector representatives from airlines, labor unions and associations.
- Secretary Solis talks about science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) programs with Secretary Duncan.
- Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, Secretary Solis and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan sign the Memorandum of Understanding to establish a collaborative effort between the three departments to foster the development of a skilled workforce through science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs and initiatives relating to aerospace workforce development.