Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis Delivers Remarks at the McLean Bible Church Career Network Job Club Meeting
(September 20, 2011)
- On Tuesday evening, Secretary Solis visited the Career Network Ministry at McLean Bible Church in Virginia where she received a warm introduction to the group by one of the Career Network Ministry's lead volunteers, Mallard Owen, who, like many of his fellow volunteers, secured his own job through the support of the ministry.
- In addition to touring the various workshops and activities at the Career Network Ministry at McLean Bible Church and meeting a number of the group's members and volunteers, Secretary Solis addressed the entire group of more than 250 people who attended the evening's meeting.
- In her remarks at McLean Bible Church, Secretary Solis illuminated key proposals in the American Jobs Act that would benefit middle class families and the long-term unemployed, including many of the ministry's members.
- A hallmark of the Career Network Ministry at McLean Bible Church, and many other job clubs like it across the country, is to provide unemployed members of the community an opportunity to network and expand professional contacts. McLean Bible uses networking tables where members can talk with each other to discuss job leads and make connections.
- On her tour of the Career Network Ministry, Secretary Solis visited the various stations that new members experience during their orientation session. Here she speaks with one of the orientation volunteers, Betty Pendarvis.