Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis at the California State Society Golden State Round Table
(September 7, 2011)
- In introducing Secretary Solis, California State Society co-chair Paul Cunningham praised her work as a California legislator to raise the stateís minimum wage.
- Hilda Solis was first elected to the California State Assembly in 1992 and subsequently served the stateís 32nd district in Congress for eight years.
- An audience member asks Solis about the administrationís proposals to spur job creation and growth.
- Robyn Hickey of School Biz Match talks education with Secretary Solis, who tells her about the success of DOLís Job Corps program in helping students get their diplomas, GEDs and real-world job skills.
- Kayo Rokumoto, First Secretary at the Embassy of Japan, asked Sec. Solis about her approach to quality job-creation. Solis responded: Weíre not just trying to create any kind of job, we want to train people up to get sustainable, good-paying jobs.