Photo Gallery: Women's Bureau Stand Down, San Antonio, Texas
(August 27, 2011)
- The Banner from Women's Bureau's Stand Down Event greeted visitors.
- (Left to right) Beverly Lyle, WB Regional Director-Dallas; Kara Nicole-Caldwell; State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte; and the audience as well, stand for the singing of our national anthem.
- State Senator Leticia Van de Putte addressed the crowd in San Antonio.
- The Senator greeted veterans and other guests to the event.
- AVANCE, a non-profit organization that works with low-income families, exhibited at the Stand Down.
- Exhibitors, like Job Ready Training, offered a wide array of services and opportunities.
- A women's shelter offered its services to the women veterans.
- Army OneSource delivered packs of important information for participants.
- 20110827-wb-standdown-09.jpg" caption="State Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon addressed the crowd.
- Panelists (left to right) Beverly Lyle, WB RD in Dallas; Pat Murphy, Colonel, US Air Force Retired; Manuela Hernandez, US Marine Corps, Retired, Vietnam Era; Susan D'Ambrosio, US Navy, Retired; Leona Lobato, US Army, Iraq; Charles Re'Nee Johnson, US Marine Corps, Desert Storm; Elizabeth Franklin, US Army, Gulf War.
- DOL's VETS had an exhibit at the event.
- The view from the stage.
- Dallas regional representatives RD Beverly Lyle; Elizabeth Todd, OPA-Regional Director; Dolores Bischof, WB Program Analyst pause for a photo.
- State Rep. Joaquin Castro delivered his remarks to the audience.
- There were exhibits offering services and support for virtually every need.
- Kelsey, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder support dog offerend comfort and support. Kelsey was trained by Patsy Swendson, founder and executive director of the Penny's From Heaven Foundation and the Save a Warrior Project.