Photo Gallery: Georgia Heat Illness Prevention Safety Stand-Down
(August 3, 2011)
- New South Project Superintendent Philip Thompson, New South Safety Director Daniel Maxson and DeKalb Fire Department Captain Luis Martinez talks conducts a heat stand-down discussion at New South Construction’s MARTA Solar Canopies job site in Decatur, Ga.
- McCarthy Building Companies Project Superintendents Steve Burel and Elizabeth Burge go over written fact sheets on recognizing symptoms and taking action to prevent heat illness at the company’s building site – Georgia State University Petit Science Center Enhancements in Atlanta, Ga.
- Bowen & Watson President Kevin Watson and Superintendent Henry Holland look on as Vice President Keith Watson gives speech to 124 of their workers on the dangers of heat illness at the company’s building site – Stephens County High School in Toccoa, Ga.
- Bowen & Watson sets up table with bananas, bottles of water and Squincher Qwik Stiks (used to add flavor to plain water to encourage workers to drink more water) for workers at the Stephens County High School building site in Toccoa, Ga.
- One of the slides used during Bowen & Watson's presentation on heat awareness. Using a multimedia approach with strong visuals drives home the message that heat illness is a real danger to workers.