Photo Gallery: Secretary Solis visits the Potomac Job Corps
(July 29, 2011)
- Potomac Job Corps Center Director Steven Belk and Secretary Solis chat over lunch at the center.
- Culinary students prepare the asparagus with fresh lemon, which was served alongside striped bass ala Francaise.
- Students at the center learn skills to enable them to succeed in all aspects of the food industry, including developing this fine dining menu.
- Students from the Potomac Job Corps culinary program discussed their experiences with Secretary Solis.
- Secretary Solis and Assistant Secretary Jane Oates pose for a quick picture with students in the culinary classroom.
- Steven Belk accepts a signed copy of the Job Corps Elevator Poster which featured a photograph taken from a previous visit to the center.
- After lunch Secretary Solis toured the center's weatherization classroom and saw how center students are learning important skills for in-demand green jobs.
- A student shows Secretary Solis the tools of the trade.